Monday, January 21, 2013

Vintage Boxing Party

I'm so excited to share my grandfather's vintage boxing theme party. He was a former boxer so this was the perfect way to honor him and the sport he loves. I've been collecting vintage boxing memorabilia for months and each piece I found has such a special relevance that this party really came together in a "meant to be" sort of way and has a world of sentiment for my family and I. My grandfathers old boxing name was Thomas "The Tomcat" Laster. I knew that I wanted to incorporate cats in small ways thru out the theme. I found some adorable magnets with boxing cats on them as well as a vintage boxing glove from a fabric transfer I'd ordered and knew I wanted both elements to be part of the theme.  Miranda @ Whimsical printables was so wonderful to work with on the printables. She took the project on last minute and really showed out. They were far better than I could have ever envisioned and really brought the this party to life. ;) There were lots of behind the scene challenges and obstacles with this event. My grandmother had a stroke a month prior to this event so its been a difficult time for both my grandparents. I still wanted to celebrate this great man on his birthday and it seemed highly appropriate because he truly is such a "fighter"
I asked Natalie of The Knock Knock factory to make one of her charming wreaths. She never disappoints. The only details told to her was "vintage boxing" and she did such a fabulous job! The menu consisted of my grandfathers favorite foods. My husband is an amateur MMA fighter so I had a little help naming the food using boxing terms. It was lots of fun. We served old fashion cream sodas appropriately labeled "Poppa's punch". For the dessert table I wanted to incorporate vintage boxing magazines so I decoupaged the covers of the popular magazine The Ring on the backdrop. The beautiful desserts were made by Hot Momma's bakery. I wanted stars to be present on the KO Cake to give it that "seeing stars" effect but I wanted the cake itself to have a vintage feel. She executed it perfectly! There were so many amazing vendors that made this party possible. All the lovely photos were taken by Danielle McCain photography. The guest of honor had a wonderful time and even at 84 he's still a knockout!

   Vendors :
Party Concept & Styling : Capes & Crowns
Custom Designed Printables -Miranda @ Whimsical Printables
Photography -  Danielle McCann
Custom Party Wreath - Natalie @ The Knock Knock Factory
Flag Banner- Giggles Galore
Cakes, cupcakes, cookies- Hot Mama's Bakery
Cake Pops- Bite Sized Delights
Cake Stand- Adaura
Cake Pop Stand- Lillylou Creations
Cupcake Stand- Little Lovies Boutique
Vintage Boxing Tablecloth Transfer- Graphique


No comments:

Post a Comment